Get to Know Ken Collins for State Representative
Get out to Vote on Tuesday, November 8, 2022 for the General Election.
Thank you for allowing me the privilege of serving in Topeka. I am always happy to hear from the people of the Second District with your ideas and concerns.
“The biggest challenge right now for the Second District and Southeast Kansas in general is lack of economic opportunities.”
Legislative Service: 2019- Present
My committees include:
- Health & Human Services
- Rural Revitalization
- Joint Committee on Information Technology
- HB2112 – Adding Crawford and Dickinson counties to the list of eligible rural opportunity zone counties.
- HB2136 – Establishing municipal vacancy appointment limitations.
- HB2274 – Requiring notification to patients that the effects of a medication abortion may be reversible.
- HB2288 – Creating the Kansas student and educator freedom of religious speech act.
- HR6005 – Congratulating and commending the members of the 2019 Kansas teacher of the year team.
- HR6009 – Honoring the Kansas Farm Bureau.
- HR6013 – A resolution strengthening the sister-state relations between Kansas and Taiwan.
- HR6017 – Honoring the 100th anniversary of the American Legion and its posts and members in Kansas.
- HR6022 – Honoring Korean War veterans from Kansas.